There is no hesitation that breakfast for toddlers is the most vital meal of the day and the healthiest approach to start the day. Along with healthy start, preparing healthy toddler breakfast helps you child to learn and perform better during the day.
It is important for your toddler�s breakfast to be healthy, nutritious and tasty at the same time, it is best to include something from at least two food groups. Breakfast ideas can range from cereal and fruits to vegetables and cottage cheese.
For some toddlers who may not feel hungry first thing in the morning, breakfast could be delayed for an hour after early milk. Breakfast can be easy part of your meal plan if you will refer to our breakfast recipes for toddlers list and will not have to involve a lot of preparation and clean-up time.
Scrumbled Eggs with Sour Cream and Fresh Cucumber
1 organic or free-range egg
1 Tsp 14% Sour Cream
1/4 long peeled Organic English Cucumber or 1 small peeled cucumber
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
1. Crack the eggs into a small mixing bowl or mug and mix it very well with sour cream. Add a bit of salt.
2. Add the mixture to the frying pan and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. The important part of this step is to stir the mixture during all time, as stirring will break the egg up into small soft lumps.
3. Cube the cucumber into small cubes or slice it to produce sticks. Serve it together with eggs. For complete breakfast serve it with cottage cheese.
Home Made Cottage Cheese
500 ml of 3.25%BF Old Fashioned buttermilk.
1 tablespoon of 14%BF sour cream.
There are 2 options for preparing the cottage. I call first one easiest and second quickest.
1st Option - convenience
1. Using electrical place the buttermilk into the steamer rice container and set the steamer for 30 minutes.
2. You will see that the cottage separated from liquid. Use strainer (I am using extra coffee strainer) to strain the liquid from the cheese. Mix it with sour cream and serve warm. You can serve it with fresh cut fruits.
2nd Option - quick
1. Wash the small sauce pan with cold water and add the buttermilk. Place it over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, reduce the hit to medium-low heat and let it cook for another 10 minutes or more until visible flakes will be separated from the liquid.
2. Use strainer (I am using extra coffee strainer) to strain the liquid from the cheese. Mix it with sour cream and serve warm. You can serve it with fresh cut fruits.
* I do not recommended reusing the cottage by refrigerating it, because of the missing initial texture.
Organic Oatmeal and Barley Cereal
1/4 cup of organic oatmeal flakes and organic barley flakes, 1 cup of whole milk.
1. Grind oatmeal barley flakes in blender untill powder like.
2. Warm the milk in saucepan. Add the oatmeal powder, stir constantly.
3. Simmer for 15 minutes, stiring constantly.
© 2008 by babyfirstfoods.com. All Rights Reserved.